Modified (Continuous) Portrait
Preparation and Practice --
- Watch the video (Go to video page.)
- Get Mirror and Pencil.
- 5 sheets of Print Paper(8.5" x 11"): Draw your face 5 times ... this will take a minimum of 25 minutes. For each new drawing you do, write your name and the time-of-day in the corner. Your goal here is to improve with each new drawing.
- Staple your sheets together and turn in for a grade.
Project -- See student sample:
- Obtain a large sheet of drawing paper (12"x18").
- Just like your previous 5 practice drawings, you will use one continuous line to create your portrait. Watch the video again for inspiration, if that will help you.
- Go over your pencil line with a sharpie.
- Create watercolor washes for each region or space that is created from your drawing.
- Each wash should be controlled. Watch the video first. We will do the actual watercolor on Friday.
- Go back to the Video Page to view watercolor videos. We will practice on Friday. Bring a cup for water.